You may need to create a large number of locations in bulk. To do it, you can upload a list of locations using a CSV or XLS file.
- You need to have an account with a Super User or Operations role, or a custom role with rights to upload locations.
Note: At a time, only up to 1000 Locations can be uploaded in bulk using a CSV or XLS file.
Below are the steps for bulk upload of Locations:
- Log in to the Field Force Manager web portal using your credentials and company ID.
- Click on the Locations tab.
- Click on the Upload Locations button.
- Click Get Template.
A zipped template in two formats (XLS and CSV) is downloaded.
- Extract the downloaded archive and open one of the template files. You can use any spreadsheet program (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets, etc.).
- Enter information about locations to the template and save the file on your computer.
Refer to the Creating Locations article for more information about each field.
- Click Choose File and select the file with location information you have created.
- Check the Update Existing Records to overwrite information for existing locations with matching names. Otherwise, records for which there is a location with the same name will be skipped.
- Click Submit.
- Navigate to Locations > Location Map.
- Zoom in to check that uploaded locations are displayed in the correct places.
You can also click on a location to review its details: