You may notice that the location of a worker is past due while the worker should be on shift.
This issue may happen due to the following reasons:
- The worker may be located in a building where the GPS signal cannot be acquired.
To check if this is the issue, ask the worker to go outdoors - the GPS icon should turn green.
- Location Services may be turned off on the device or Airplane mode may be turned on - check device status logs to see if there are Airplane Mode On or GPS Turned Off messages.
Note: If the user closed the application before turning on Airplane mode or turning off GPS, these messages will not be visible in the logs.
- The worker's device is not communicating with the server. To confirm if this is the case, check the status of the worker.
If the status of the worker is Logged Off or Update is past due - it confirms that the device cannot connect to the server.
Please refer to the solution according to the identified root cause:
- If the GPS signal is lost due to working in a building or underground, ask the worker to step outside once in a while and tap on the Sync icon once the GPS icon turns green - the retrieved location should be transferred to the server.
- If the worker turned on Airplane mode or turned off Location services, ask the worker to avoid enabling Airplane mode or turning off Location services during working hours.
- If the worker's device is not communicating with the server - ask the worker to follow the steps described in the article Device Is Not Syncing with the Server to resolve the connectivity issue.
Check the status of the worker - their location should be current, and you should be able to review the most recent location and routes of the worker.