Administrators can disable the option to activate the mobile app on a new device while the phone number is activated on another device. This prevents workers from using Field Force Manager on multiple devices simultaneously and changing devices before the device is deactivated by an admin. By default, activation override is enabled.
You need to have an account with the Company Administrator, Super User role, or a custom role with rights to modify company settings.
- Log in to the Field Force Manager web portal using your credentials and company ID.
- Navigate to Administration > Settings.
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Click on the Edit button in the Allow device activation override row.
- Select the Off value from the dropdown and click Save & Close.
The device activation override is displayed as Off.
You can confirm that workers will not be able to activate the app on multiple devices as described below:
- Navigate to Administration > Devices.
- Copy the phone number that is activated and linked to a worker.
- Install the mobile app on any mobile device and try to activate the app using the number from the previous step; the following message will be displayed:
The Phone Number is already in use on another Field Force Manager device. Please deactivate the device currently in use.